The Council's Vision Statement for all Hubs
...something we are really buying into
Strong partnerships/clusters/collaboratives of schools (hubs) will be the vehicle for delivering a range of services for children, families and the wider community.
The vision for hubs is to:
- Secure the delivery of a seamless offer of early intervention and prevention from birth (via children’s centres core offer) through to support for adults (via adult services).
- Have strong executive leadership with clear, transparent governance, accountability, commissioning and performance management arrangements.
- Secure sustainable models of governance and operation which extend beyond the life of individual head teachers/ leaders.
- Have fluid and flexible geographical boundaries defined by what makes sense to schools and their communities (i.e. school catchment areas/pyramids/academy Trust). These may or may not be co-terminus with previously used ward/locality boundaries. Schools may belong to other ‘partnerships’ in addition to being part of a defined hub.
- Ensure that schools, parents and the community will be participants and influencers in the shaping of services to meet identified local need. Not all hubs will be the same- there will not be a one size fits all model.
- Have co-located and integrated early intervention and prevention teams which will respond quickly to address need.
- Ensure that key workers provide consistency for children and families, they will build relationships with them and other professionals to ensure that needs are met.
- Intelligence and data will be shared between statutory agencies and schools to ensure effective service planning.
- Data sharing protocols will exist which ensure effective tracking of children and families and reduce duplication and ‘gaps’ within service delivery.