Our current menu is available as a pdf document here.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available for children who attend Howard Park and whose parents or carers receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Applying for Free School Meals
Complete a Free School Meals application form and take it to one of the following offices with proof of your benefit:
- Attendance and Pupil Support Service, Civic Centre 1 North (Ground Floor), High Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2NF
- The Kirklees Information Point, Civic Centre 1, Huddersfield, HD1 2NF
- The Kirklees Information Point, Dewsbury, Town Hall, Dewsbury, WF12 8DQ
- Batley Cash & Information Office, Batley Town Hall, Market Square, Batley,WF17 2DE
- Cleckheaton Cash & Information Office, Cleckheaton Town Hall, Cleckheaton, BD19 2RH
- Heckmondwike Library, Walkley Lane, Heckmondwike, WF16 0LY
- Marsden Information Point, 20-26 Peel Street, Marsden, Huddersfield, HD7 6BW
- Skelmanthorpe Library and Information Centre, Commercial Road, Skelmanthorpe, HD8 9DA
- Thornhill Lees Information Point, 53 Brewery Lane, Thornhill Lees, WF12 0NB
*Details correct at time of publishing (November 2015).
Paying for School Meals
School meals must be paid for using our online Parent Pay system.
Children may bring a packed lunch which are eaten in the main hall. Packed lunches should be in a secure named container. No sweets are allowed – instead, we encourage lots of fruit or vegetables. Water is available on all tables for children who choose a packed lunch. However, your child can bring their own drink in a non-breakable container – please avoid fizzy drinks.